Get Excel to Collection Error

Laura Pilar

Get Worksheet to Collection:
Hi,
I am trying to get data from an Excel to a collection and it usually works but sometimes, it returns the next error:

ERROR: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: the value could not be null.
Name of the parameter: s

I think that it is an execution speed problem because this error just happens when I run the process in the Control Room.
Help!

Last edited:

Sukesh Kumaru

Hi
Laura Pilar,

After translating the error you mentioned in here is "El valor no puede ser nulo. Nombre del parámetro: s" then i got the translated result as "The value cannot be null parameter name" if so could you please right-click on the session which you ran in control room and Click on View Log to deep dive into the issue, so that you can able to find out that where exactly that error had occurred at which stage. So that goto that stage and recheck it.
If you can't able to do it then, please share the process screenshot or Error log file, So that i can help you out.

Laura Pilar

Hi
Laura Pilar,

After translating the error you mentioned in here is "El valor no puede ser nulo. Nombre del parámetro: s" then i got the translated result as "The value cannot be null parameter name" if so could you please right-click on the session which you ran in control room and Click on View Log to deep dive into the issue, so that you can able to find out that where exactly that error had occurred at which stage. So that goto that stage and recheck it.
If you can't able to do it then, please share the process screenshot or Error log file, So that i can help you out.

Hello Sukesh,

I have read the process log a lot of times and I have checked the stages but I don't find the parameter that BP sais it is null, and if you run the process step by step the error doesn't appear...

VJR

Hi Laura,

To reiterate on the questions I posted to your last response can you provide inputs to these.

-Is there a parameter called 's' that is not getting any value when you run it from the Control Room?
I guess you answered this as 'No' in your post here. I suspect somewhere you might have tried to press Ctrl s to Save and only s got typed in some stage, expression, properties or data item.
-What type of application is it - Web, Desktop, etc.
-At which stage does it throw the error

Generally when a process works fine in the Process but not in the Control Room then it is advisable to have appropriate Wait stages wherever required. Can you try that and see.

Laura Pilar

Hi Laura,

To reiterate on the questions I posted to your last response can you provide inputs to these.

-Is there a parameter called 's' that is not getting any value when you run it from the Control Room?
I guess you answered this as 'No' in your post here. I suspect somewhere you might have tried to press Ctrl s to Save and only s got typed in some stage, expression, properties or data item.
-What type of application is it - Web, Desktop, etc.
-At which stage does it throw the error

Generally when a process works fine in the Process but not in the Control Room then it is advisable to have appropriate Wait stages wherever required. Can you try that and see.

Hello VJR,

It is an action with Excel. I'm using the VBO Excel. The stage is an action that call to Get Worksheet as Collection, an action os the VBO Excel.

Thanks

VJR

Hello VJR,

It is an action with Excel. I'm using the VBO Excel. The stage is an action that call to Get Worksheet as Collection, an action os the VBO Excel.

Thanks
Hi Laura,

If it is the 'Get Worksheet as Collection' can you show how the data on Sheet 1 looks like if it is not confidential.

Also I hope you have not created the 'WorklogExcel' collection by yourself since that will be generated by itself after the process goes through the 'Get Worksheet as Collection' action.....Just an additional check.

Laura Pilar

Hi Laura,

If it is the 'Get Worksheet as Collection' can you show how the data on Sheet 1 looks like if it is not confidential.

Also I hope you have not created the 'WorklogExcel' collection by yourself since that will be generated by itself after the process goes through the 'Get Worksheet as Collection' action.....Just an additional check.
The data is confidential, but let me explain you that de Sheet contains always the same type of information wih the same format (Nrows and 6 colls), so I don't understand why sometimes it is failling and sometimes it is working fine.

On the othe hand, the WoklogExcel collection is empty, so the action Get Worksheet as collection fill the collection.

Thanks!

VJR

The data is confidential, but let me explain you that de Sheet contains always the same type of information wih the same format (Nrows and 6 colls), so I don't understand why sometimes it is failling and sometimes it is working fine.

On the othe hand, the WoklogExcel collection is empty, so the action Get Worksheet as collection fill the collection.

Thanks!
Hi Laura,

Did you happen to get a chance to implement as suggested above.
Apply them accurately at all the necessary stages.

Laura Pilar

Hi Laura,

Did you happen to get a chance to implement as suggested above.
Apply them accurately at all the necessary stages.

Hi,

The error is in one og the code stage that participate in Get Woksheet as Collection action that VBO Excel has, but it is difficult to identify in what code stage fails because there are 3 or 4...

VJR

Hi Laura,

Did you mention the error shows up in the code stage of 'Get Woksheet as Collection'.
Did you make any modifications to the already available VBO in Blue Prism. Again since its a 's' do check the possibility of accidentally pressing 's' instead of trying to do Ctrl s and then may have saved the object.

Also make use of the Check Code button and see if it shows any error.
Then also press the Errors button on the top of the object and see if anything shows up.

Laura Pilar

Hi Laura,

Did you mention the error shows up in the code stage of 'Get Woksheet as Collection'.
Did you make any modifications to the already available VBO in Blue Prism. Again since its a 's' do check the possibility of accidentally pressing 's' instead of trying to do Ctrl s and then may have saved the object.

Also make use of the Check Code button and see if it shows any error.
Then also press the Errors button on the top of the object and see if anything shows up.
There aren't errors in the VBO Excel Object. In addition, I have check that the code is OK and that there isn't any "s" and it is OK... If it was a compile error, it wouldn't never work.

Thank you so much!