Solved Get Excel sheet (xlsx) with Chinese characters as a collection

rpaccount

Hi all,

I have an issue. I need to get Excel sheet with Chinese characters as a collection.
I am using Excel VBO, get worksheet as a collection.
Does any one knows what is the exact issue here?
Would be great if anyone knows how to resolve this issue.
Because when i try to read chinese characters, the collection shows it as ??? or square boxes.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sukesh Kumaru

Hi,
Blue Prism can't read those Chinese characters so that it is displaying as ? or square boxes, make sure the data is in english in excel workbook.

VJR

Hi rpaccount,

I didn't had to make any change anywhere before using the 'Get Worksheet as Collection'.

1529230245861.png

After reading the Excel the Chinese characters show up in the collection.

1529230297865.png

- Are you able to see the Chinese chars in the Excel or are they appearing as boxes in the Excel too?
- I do not know where does Blue Prism pick the supported fonts from. Check the installed fonts on the machine.

rpaccount

Hi VJ,

Wow. I'm not sure how come yours works. That is what i wish to see.

The chinese characters are fine in excel 2016. I see them.
But once i get worksheet as a collection, they become ???/square boxes

BTW, does your excel VBO code for get worksheet as collection looks exactly like mine?

I will check the installed fonts on the machine tomorrow and update you guys again.

Thanks!

Last edited:

VJR

Hi VJ,

Wow. I'm not sure how come yours works. That is what i wish to see.

The chinese characters are fine in excel 2016. I see them.
But once i get worksheet as a collection, they become ???/square boxes

BTW, does your excel VBO code for get worksheet as collection looks exactly like mine?

I will check the installed fonts on the machine tomorrow and update you guys again.

Thanks!

Where is the Excel VBO code you are referring about?

sabburu

i have tried to use old VBO code as mentioned in the site but still in vain. Anyone resolved it. I am using blue prism version 6.

sabburu

Hi rpaccount,

I didn't had to make any change anywhere before using the 'Get Worksheet as Collection'.

View attachment 1120

After reading the Excel the Chinese characters show up in the collection.

View attachment 1121

- Are you able to see the Chinese chars in the Excel or are they appearing as boxes in the Excel too?
- I do not know where does Blue Prism pick the supported fonts from. Check the installed fonts on the machine.
Could you please let me know the VBO code and if there are any chinese fonts that are present in your system

gayatri

hi all,

in queue log of work queue, we are getting "?" added to text , even though we dont have any special characters in collection.when adding data to queue , in log of it we are getting this error.

Please help us