excel cell value conversion

soraj

How can I convert text data to decimal in blue prism? as I have to compare the data received from a cell in excel file to the decimal number '1'.
what process should I follow?

harish17

Hi Soraj,
You can use Number Function RndDn(1.00,0) the result will be '1'.

In your case call that particulr column from collection ex: If your collection name is coll1 and column name is num
RndDn([coll1.num],0) . You are able to use this function in decision, choice, Calculation or multi calculation stage based on your requirement.

sivagelli

How can I convert text data to decimal in blue prism? as I have to compare the data received from a cell in excel file to the decimal number '1'.
what process should I follow?
Have you tried ToNumber() function passing the text data in to it. This is native function available under Conversions, if you use Calc stage.
Once the text is converted to number, you can apply @harish17 suggestion of rounding the decimals if you have them in the text.

Ex: if the text from Excel is 1.028 and id you want to compare in BP, in the Calc stage use the expression-

RndDn(ToNumber([Data1]),0) where Data1 has text value of 1.028.

In the Decision stage, writing expression RndDn(ToNumber([Data1]),0) = 1 which evaluates to True if the Data1 has value starting with 1.

Hope this helps!