Error while adding a Collection with over 40 rows to the queue

RAMARAM

I am facing an issue where I am unable to add a 64-fields collection to the queue on the DEV server.
  • The same collection can be added to the queue when replicated on the local laptop instance, but not on the DEV server.
  • On the DEV server, Once I delete 24 or more of the fields the collection is added to the queue.
  • The problem is not related to any specific field as the issue is resolved once there is only 40 fields regardless of their contents
  • The problem is not resolved when unencrypting the queue or when not choosing a key field
  • 41 or more fields throws the following error on the DEV server, but not on the Local instance.
Attached is the error screenshot I'm seeing.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Error.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 28

Emil.Tophoej

From the description I'd guess that, it's either a memory issue or a handle issue - have you determined the handle for excel?

You can use "Create Iinstance" and "Open Workbook" to determine the handle.

RAMARAM

Looks like its a Known Issue and Blue Prism will fix it in the near future.

One workaround I'm working on now is removing the columns that are not needed from the Collection to bring the count to < 40 and Populating the queue.

VJR

It doesn't appear to be a known Blue Prism issue because, as you said, it is working fine on your local machine.
There is something fishy about the configuration on the Production server either with the BP or Sql server or on the machine itself. I know this error is not occurring in other cases but there is something that is triggering the error only when there are more than 40 columns. If you (or anyone on the Production team) have access to the BP SQL database on production then check the query/stored procedure which is showing in the error as to why it is not receiving the machine name parameter.