ERROR: Internal : The collection has no current row Blue Prism

HadaMerlina

Hey,

I'm looking for some help I'm using Blue Prism to implement a solution, there is a decision stage where I check the following

[Datos Segmento. Organizational Unit (Label)]<>""

But when I step run it sometimes gives the error The collection has no current row, during an online research it said it was caused by a loop, I already reset the pointer in the only two loops that here exists and I still have issues. When it runs without steps it always fail. Screenshots of process and decision stage are attached.

Regards,

Attachments

• 1542235194591.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 388
  • 1542235526387.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 257

VJR

Hi HadaMerlina,

You mentioned about two loops but I do not see any loop stage in the screenshot.
To get rid of the error, the Decision stage should correctly point to a row of the collection 'Datos Segmento' which happens only within a Loop stage.
If a loop stage is not used then my experience has been that it works sometimes and doesn't at other times.
Post back if you have more details to share.

HadaMerlina

Hi HadaMerlina,

You mentioned about two loops but I do not see any loop stage in the screenshot.
To get rid of the error, the Decision stage should correctly point to a row of the collection 'Datos Segmento' which happens only within a Loop stage.
If a loop stage is not used then my experience has been that it works sometimes and doesn't at other times.
Post back if you have more details to share.

VJR,

Thanks for the answer, what I'm trying to do is verify the column has content since the file can be empty. I understand then I have to get the collection for that specific column, then loop over it up until I found content, if I do so exit and if not follow to next stage. Trying to be more graphic I attached the workflow up until the error stage.

Regards.

Attachments

• 00 Main Page.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 218
  • 01 Read excel for Collection.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 02 Abrir Final Report.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 38
  • 03 Cargar a Cola.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 04 Agregar Info.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 06 Sucursal y tipo rol.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 05 Modificacion Fecha.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 07 Tipo Contrato.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 08 Centro de Costos.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 09 Codigo Segmentos.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 43

JaviDVP

Hi,

There is an object that counts the rows of a collection (Collection - Counts Rows), if you want to check that that collection is different from empty as you put in the post, use that object and verify that the collection comes empty with a decision and you can act in both ways. Once you know it's not empty, make a loop that reads that field and see if it's empty

HadaMerlina

Hi,

There is an object that counts the rows of a collection (Collection - Counts Rows), if you want to check that that collection is different from empty as you put in the post, use that object and verify that the collection comes empty with a decision and you can act in both ways. Once you know it's not empty, make a loop that reads that field and see if it's empty
Hey JaviDVP

Thanks for the advice, actually controlling what you said even before executing it was the solution.

Regards,

Rajni

i am getting the same error but i am not using any loop . I am working with workqueue. while doing getnextitem , i can see the rows are getting generated while stepping but still getting the same error at decision stage with stepping as well.

ydar579

Any solution achieved?
Yes.

The simplest approach is to count the rows in your collection using the Collections business object > Count Rows action.

For example, in the below illustration, my Queue Name is "Final Queue". And the count of rows is saved to the "Row Count" Data Item in an imaginary process.

Once the rows are counted, you can use a decision stage to decide whether to continue the process or end it.

In other words, if Row Count = 0, then take no further action. If Row Count <>0, then continue the process- whatever it is.

I hope adding the visuals will help someone.

Note: In my opinion, it is better to design your logic to check whether the whole collection is empty, rather than trying to check whether a given collection item such as [Datos Segmento. Organizational Unit (Label)] exists as a current item.

Thanks.

Attachments

• count rows 1.PNG
    count rows 1.PNG
    20.4 KB · Views: 10
  • count rows 2.PNG
    count rows 2.PNG
    22.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Decision.PNG
    Decision.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 8
  • use it.PNG