Correct Syntax for "TAB" button for 'Send Keys Mainframe'?

rickjh123

I'm connected to a 5250 emulator and trying to send the TAB key to tab to the next field. I've tried "{TAB}" and I receive an error. Does anyone know the proper syntax to send the key via "Send Keys Mainframe" for the Tab, CTRL, ALT, etc? Better yet, does anyone have access to a 'cheat sheet'?

Thanks

Pete_L

Which emulator are you using? Have you checked the Blue Prism portal's Mainframe Automation Guide? Your emulator might be listed in that document, and if so it will tell you how to implement the TAB keystroke. If your emulator is not listed, the website of the emulator's author will likely list the format of the TAB keystroke, and you can use that. Be mindful of Blue Prism's formatting requirements for entering the keystroke, especially if you need to combine it with ALT or CTRL. The Mainframe Automation Guide will contain the appropriate instructions for combining keystrokes. Once you have all this information, use the Global Send Keys or Global Send Keys Events action to send the keystrokes.

I use Attachmate Extra! X-treme as my emulator, and I've saved off the keystrokes list for this emulator from the Mainframe Automation Guide as my personal "cheat sheet".