Collection related query

Shweta

Hello,

Can anyone please help me in resolving below issue:

1. I have an excel, containing some data, in which one column is date in format (mmmm dd)., and I have taken that data in collection.
2. then, I am applying filter collection action to search for one date and the output is being stored in new collection.
3. After that, I am checking if the new collection is empty or not. If empty, then it will send mail to "ABC", and if not, then it will send email to "XYZ".

In Decision stage, I am giving the query like below to check if new collection is empty:
[Date_Filtered_Collection] = " "

But the issue that I am facing is, even if the collection is empty, its sending email to "XYZ" receipient.

Can you please help, where I am going wrong?

Thanks!

VJR

Hello,

Can anyone please help me in resolving below issue:

1. I have an excel, containing some data, in which one column is date in format (mmmm dd)., and I have taken that data in collection.
2. then, I am applying filter collection action to search for one date and the output is being stored in new collection.
3. After that, I am checking if the new collection is empty or not. If empty, then it will send mail to "ABC", and if not, then it will send email to "XYZ".

In Decision stage, I am giving the query like below to check if new collection is empty:
[Date_Filtered_Collection] = " "

But the issue that I am facing is, even if the collection is empty, its sending email to "XYZ" receipient.

Can you please help, where I am going wrong?

Thanks!
To check if the collection has any rows or not use the 'Count Rows' action of Collections VBO.

Shweta

I am not finding "Count Rows" action in utility-collection manipulation VBO.
Please find attached the screenshot.

Attachments

• Collection actions.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 15

VJR

Hi Shweta,

If it is not showing up then you will need to go to the main screen of Blue Prism, click on the File menu and Import the xml file for the Collections VBO.
While selecting the path during the import select the Blue Prism VBO installation folder which is typically the below
"C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\VBO"

sivagelli

hello Shweta,

You can achieve by adding an action to get count of the rows in the new collections before decision making by using

Business Object - Collections
Action - Count Rows

For Input 'Collection Name', pass the name of the new collection in double qoutes as this is Text. The Output will give you number of rows; write this to a Data Item. This Data Item can drive your decision making.