Can someone help me in reading the PDF document content and exporting them into an excel file? - BLUEPRISM

Raja

Can someone help me in reading the PDF document content and exporting them into an excel file? - BLUEPRISM... how that can be done?

VJR

Hello Raja, if the data that you need to capture is consistent and always on the same location in the pdf pages then you can use the Region mode to spy the pdf, get the data and export it to Excel. By doing this I was able to capture the pdf text. How does your pdf look like so that someone will be able to suggest you with any other approaches?

Last edited:

AL_consultant

If you are not able to utilize the region mode, you will need to use an OCR (optimal character recognition) or extraction technology. UIPath and BluePrism have some automated screen scraping functionalities but really, it would be best to make use of an OCR engine such as Microsoft Azure, Google Terreract, IBM Watson, ABBYY Fine Reader, or Anadarke.

vijaya

HI ,

I have a pdf which contains some table format data.can any one please help me with how to Read the table content from page 3 and put it in blue prism collection in table format.

Thanks,
Vijaya

VJR

HI ,

I have a pdf which contains some table format data.can any one please help me with how to Read the table content from page 3 and put it in blue prism collection in table format.

Thanks,
Vijaya
If you have the latest BP version you can check with the OCR capabilities in it and see how it goes.
It also depends a lot on the consistency and the structure of the data within the pdf.
You can also try opening the pdf with its software like Adobe Reader etc.
A pdf can also be launched via Chrome. In these cases a Region mode can be used to spy the Page No. box and hit 3 to go to the third page. If the table is always at the same place then you might want to try using List Region of Region mode. Check this video here - List Region.

If the pdf is text based rather than image based then you may also consider copying the data to a Text file or Word and then check if its straight forward to extract the table. You may find some posts in the forum if you choose to do so.

sna

I have 5 pdf to extract information.. top half of the page is in exact same format but the bottom half of these page are a little left right..
So to read them i tried using list region in region mode but still i m not getting the result , is there any other way to spy the text.??