Blue Prism - Mainframe Application Getting Launched with error

rishabh0912

Hi All

I am trying to automate Mainframe through Blue Prism. Have given the path and terminal to launch the application.

When I press the launch button, terminal is getting launched but it is throwing the below error and the flowchart is not able to proceed further.

""Error - Failed to launch application - Launch failed: Error from ConnectToHostOrSession: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. at

Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at

Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at

BluePrism.TerminalEmulation.IBMTerminal.StartSession(String& sErr)""

Can you please help me in this regard.
Thanks
Rishabh

Attachments

• Error_Launch.PNG
    Error_Launch.PNG
    92.4 KB · Views: 318

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi @rishabh0912

Have you used the correct Mainframe type from the Application Wizard? There are a good number of different Mainframe systems that are listed in the Wizard. You need to make sure you connect to the correct one for your application.

Tolani

This looks like you are using the IBM emulator here. f you have followed the installation manual properly according to the portal, the path for IBM C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Personal Communications\private\mainframename.ws. Note, the location you've specified is meant for App data and using it for accessing IBM mainframe emulator may result in Access Violation like you've seen there.

anisjolly

Administrator
Great spot there @Tolani

Agreed. You need to reference the .ws file correctly in order for Mainframe to correctly launch. Do let us know how you get on.

ebueno

Hi there,

I'm facing the same error as rishabh0912 has. Indeed, sometimes works fine but when I get the error (I do not do nothing different, just spying fields), I've to reboot the PC to reset the issue and use Application Modeler again. Thus, it seems that 3270 emulation session (.ws file) is well defined and associated with BluePrism.

Any clue on this? Thanks in advance.

razuk_r

Hi, I am new to Blue Prism and today joined on this forum.

TRying to launch the Mainframe Application here. Getting the same issue as rishabh0912 saying. Sometimes it's working perfectly and sometimes not.

Any clue about the mistake ? Thanks :)

ebueno

Hi, I am new to Blue Prism and today joined on this forum.

TRying to launch the Mainframe Application here. Getting the same issue as rishabh0912 saying. Sometimes it's working perfectly and sometimes not.

Any clue about the mistake ? Thanks :)
Hi Razuk

As you can see in this post, I feaced the same issue in the past. Nowadays my process works fine with mainframe emulation session. To be honest, I don't know what is the "official" solution for making this happen. What I did was:

1.- Point to the .ws file which is created within the folder on which you have installed IBM Personal Communication software (in my case C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\AppData\Roaming\IBM\Personal Communications\RPA3270.ws)

2.- I was checking directly with the "General - PCOM" VBO instead of launching it from the process, just to ensure that the issue was isolated to the PCOM object

3.- Clicking on "Application Modeller" button, I changed twice the value in "Select the Application Manager mode" field, initially adjusting the value to "External 32 bit mode", saving the object, running it to validate that it works and closing BluePrism session

4.- Open BluePrism again, and changing the "Select the Application Manager mode" field to its original value "Embedded (Default)", saving it and running Application Modeller again. This time worked perfectly.

I know such solution maybe is not the most "technical" one but it worked for me. Hope this helpful.

razuk_r

Hi Razuk

As you can see in this post, I feaced the same issue in the past. Nowadays my process works fine with mainframe emulation session. To be honest, I don't know what is the "official" solution for making this happen. What I did was:

1.- Point to the .ws file which is created within the folder on which you have installed IBM Personal Communication software (in my case C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\AppData\Roaming\IBM\Personal Communications\RPA3270.ws)

2.- I was checking directly with the "General - PCOM" VBO instead of launching it from the process, just to ensure that the issue was isolated to the PCOM object

3.- Clicking on "Application Modeller" button, I changed twice the value in "Select the Application Manager mode" field, initially adjusting the value to "External 32 bit mode", saving the object, running it to validate that it works and closing BluePrism session

4.- Open BluePrism again, and changing the "Select the Application Manager mode" field to its original value "Embedded (Default)", saving it and running Application Modeller again. This time worked perfectly.

I know such solution maybe is not the most "technical" one but it worked for me. Hope this helpful.

Hi Ebueno,

thanks for the detailed explanation :)
Due to some other work, I was not able to check this forum. the issue got resolved on that day night itself. Missed to post here.

Issue was, due to some mistakes I have closed the emulator manually... but Blue Prism treated that the application still atached to it. So I have attached the logic for Detach, Terminate loop before launching...

After this.. I have not observed the issue again :)

Pablo_Sanchez

Hi guys, lemme ask...

If you don't have a .ws profile session... how to launch a Host Session ? To launch the Host session manually I just have to double click a direct access that is in the machine. There is no profile session.

Help pls, I cant get my app launched...

dawidnosal

Hi ebueno
, can you upload VBO "Genereal - PCOM"? Thanks :)

Hi Razuk

Ver-kyana

Hi there, FYI.
I had the same issue as rishabh0912 has. The error message I had was the same.
In my case, the cause was confliction of version difference: mainframe emulator was 32bit, but BP was 64bit.
So, I had reinstall BP to 32 bit, and then everything was fine.