Blue prism - adding "inner collection"

Johan

I have a collection of collections "Fruit owner" containing "Fruits".
Adding "Fruit owner" rows is straight forward (first action and multi calc)

But how do I add rows to the inner collection "Fruits"? (second action and multi calc)

I am guessing this is just a syntax problem?

View attachment object.PNG

View attachment outer collection.PNG

View attachment inner collection.PNG

What am i supposed to write in Value below to add a row to the "inner collection"?

View attachment syntax.PNG

And this would be the last step to add the name of the fruit to the "inner collection" in the calc-step.

View attachment syntax2.PNG

I guess this is just a question on syntax. The dot-notation does not work, but I guess i shows what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks you!

VJR

I have a collection of collections "Fruit owner" containing "Fruits".
Adding "Fruit owner" rows is straight forward (first action and multi calc)

But how do I add rows to the inner collection "Fruits"? (second action and multi calc)

I am guessing this is just a syntax problem?

View attachment 1908

View attachment 1909

View attachment 1910

What am i supposed to write in Value below to add a row to the "inner collection"?

View attachment 1911

And this would be the last step to add the name of the fruit to the "inner collection" in the calc-step.

View attachment 1912

I guess this is just a question on syntax. The dot-notation does not work, but I guess i shows what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks you!
I am hoping that I understood the question.
Does it accept if you simply give "Fruits" in the Value for Add Row?

Johnyhcao

can you try to use the calc stage to store the inner collection to another collection first, then add row on it, and then add it back as a inner collection?

Johan

@Johnyhcao
This actually works for me, as a work-around to the actual problem. Thanks.

I would still like to use the definition of the original FruitOwner.Fruits instead of creating a new collection by hand.
The reason being that my actual collection is generated from a web service. The inner collections run four levels deep with several inner collections per level and quite a few fields per level making the task of re-creating the collections by hand... tedious.. ;)

Last edited: