Best Practices when creating a new project

Zubair

Since working with NICE RTI, I have a set of rules which I used, to make a robotic solution which would be structured and also easy to understand if another individual looked at it.

Firstly I would split everything up into different files for example.

All business entities in 1 file, screen elements in 1 files, Logic in 1 files, and functions which are used in multiple logics I made a separate file called general logic, and I also have a main file where the robotic solution would mainly call from.

So an example of my structure would be something like this

-MAIN
-GENERALLOGIC
-BL_COMMON
-BE_COMMON
-SE_COMMON

The files would be referenced also in the order I have put them, as each layer would call from the layer below. I use naming conventions on the files e.g BL,BE, SE etc to make the files easier to read and so people can tell what sort of stuff would be in there.

If anyone wants to know more, feel free to ask

jeevan

Hi zubair,

If only one developer is working in a process then it would be great idea to work as you said.
But problem arises when you want to reference other projects developed by other team members,In this scenario you will be having multiple BL_COMMON,BE_COMMON,SE_COMMON.
In our project we faced same issue,we split process and each sub process has everything in single .dproj. It became easy for us while referencing at solution level.May be its not recommended by NICE.But it works

MarekK

We use bit different approach.

For each application we create app_ui dproj containing SE, BE, BL needed to work with this application. It exposes set of functions and properties needed to work with this app. There is developer responsible for each of them. So we have here some basic building blocks like “Load app”, “Login”, and support for all pages you need to interact with.

From Business Logic level we create for each process generally one file which contains high level business logic using all app_ui’s used in process.

Additionally we have some set of additional libraries like interactive debugger, xml support, collection support for excel/html tables, ms office support and so on.

App_ui goal is to be reusable because many processes work with the same app sets.