Attach internet explorer

Frederic

Hi,

I am trying to attach to an open internet explorer page. Unfortunately BluePrism I get following error message:

Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Navigate1' on page 'Action 1' - More than one application matched the criteria

This is strange because it is the only application running. FYI: i can't detach as this is the first step in my process.

Thanks!

Attachments

• BluePrism.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,006

VJR

Hi Frederic,

In the process name remove the asterisk * sign. Provide only "iexplore" including the quotes.
If that produces the same error, only then give the Child Index as 1 and try again.

Shrutiseth810

Hi Frederic,

In the process name remove the asterisk * sign. Provide only "iexplore" including the quotes.
If that produces the same error, only then give the Child Index as 1 and try again.

VJR,

I tried this, its getting attached. But now its not able to identify the elements on the screen. What can be solution?

johnnywang

I also encountered the situation that Frederic encountered.
My solution is to add the "TabProcGrowth" key value (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main, REG_SZ, 0) to the registry of the following path. (Details can be obtained from Blue Prism Portal Support Center.)
This succeeded in letting me spy the elements in HTML mode after the "Navigate - Attach" operation.
However, NEW problem has appeared again. Adding this key value invalidated my "Launch" Stage.
The error message was "Failed to launch application - no more files. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070012)"
Is there any solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

Chandan008

I also encountered the situation that Frederic encountered.
My solution is to add the "TabProcGrowth" key value (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main, REG_SZ, 0) to the registry of the following path. (Details can be obtained from Blue Prism Portal Support Center.)
This succeeded in letting me spy the elements in HTML mode after the "Navigate - Attach" operation.
However, NEW problem has appeared again. Adding this key value invalidated my "Launch" Stage.
The error message was "Failed to launch application - no more files. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070012)"
Is there any solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

Was there any solution found for this issue "Failed to launch application - no more files. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070012)" , I am encountering this issue when the bot goes into recovery and retries to launch the IE 2nd time. (For first time, no error comes up and IE launch perfectly).

In my use case, if anything fails on the IE, the bot closes IE and then restarts freshly to retry the case, but on retry launch (2nd launch), i am seeing this issue.

Please assist.

kulranjan

I am able to attach the internet explorer but after attaching, it's unable to spy and work on elements spied in internet explorer html mode.

igorfp

Seems like IE v8 and above starts two tasks when launching IE by default. One of the tasks is used for Auto Recover functionality. I have tried to disabe auto recovery and didn´t make any differnce.
I set BP to attach to Child Index 0, which works most of the time.
However, seems that sometimes (for some reason) indexes switch positions and thus attaching to index 0 ends up attaching to the wrong task.
I haven´t found a definitive solution yet.