Application modeller - Sharepoint

lejack02

Hi all,

I hope you are doing well.

My goal is to launch a Sharepoint and then make the robot click on "Library" and then "export to excel". I used the application modeller and proceeded to the identification of the buttons using "accessibility mode". I can highlight these two buttons but when I launch the robot, he is not able to find them and I obtain the following message :" Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Library' on page 'Action 1' - Unable to match any Active Accessibility elements to the supplied query terms"

Can you please help?

Thank you

VJR

Hello lejack02,

Could you try spying the Sharepoint page using the HTML mode instead....or is there any specific reason to use AA mode?
Sharepoint is a webpage and links and buttons on it can be easily spyed using the HTML mode.

lejack02

Hi VJR,
Thank you for your answer.
I tried to but in HTML mode, it doesn't identify the buttons, there are just huge green rectangles whereas AA identifies what I need. When I highlight them, it works but then we I launch the process it doesn't find them...

Last edited:

VJR

Hi lejack02,

I dont think Windows 10 will be an issue. But hope you are using IE as Browser as BP supports IE as of now in HTML mode.
Also another thing to be noted of is that the browser should be spied with the window maximised and page zoom size should be 100%.
Could you tell "doesn't identify the buttons in HTML mode" means exactly what is happening? Is it not showing the 'Identify' button itself?
Or are you able to Identify using the button? If yes does it highlight?
Or are you able to identify but when you run the process it says no matching element found?

Thanks.

VJR

Sorry, ignore about a few questions from my post. You already answered them.

lejack02

Hi VJR,

You were right though, my IE browser zoom was 104% while the "windows" screen was 125%. Put both at 100%, restarted the computer and I can now identify with HTML with success, so big thank you already.

However, when I run the process I still obtain the error : "Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Library' on page 'Action 1' - No elements match the supplied query terms"

My process is the following:
  1. Start
  2. Open the Sharepoint
  3. Click centre on my first element
  4. Click centre on my 2nd element
  5. End

VJR

Okay, can you help me understand the error more. The error says no matching elements for Stage 1, but there is nothing to match on stage 1 as it is just a navigate and you are not spying/identifying/accessing any element on that stage. Does it open the url at all? If yes add a wait stage after opening the url.

lejack02

It was opening correctly the website. The 10 seconds wait stage was the solution, thank you very much VJR

ourmila

hello,

i want to export existing names from a sharepoint to an excel sheet in order to perform validation and select unique values to be added the next time.
to note real time processing require 100000 records at a time. i want to export the list and keep unique name to be added in the sharepoint.

Anyway to do that please?

thanks in advance

ourmila

the list of existing names is present on a security group hence no export to excel functionality is possible.

However while adding names i need to retrieve errored names list to be sent via mail for action.
the spy method used is HTML Mode and when one error is found,it works fine but for a list of 5000 records added in one go, it thows exception more than one elements matched query

Any help is most welcomed.