Application modeller for Remote Desktop Application

CamiCat

Hi all!
I’m struggling to automate a Remote Desktop process.
I've mangaed to Launch the remote desktop session throuhg the Application Modeller, but I cannot highlight the elements
View attachment RD launch.png
I’ve managed to attach to the Remote Desktop window but failing to interact with the windows within. None of the spy modes have been successful. Will appreciate your assistance!

My exact actions should be are:
Launch RDC
Attach to RDC window
Select server and click OK
send credentials to log in.
After that I should open an application.
CAn you please help me?
Thank you,
Camilla

sivagelli

For remote desktop process, you have to rely on Surface Automation, meaning you need to identify the elements using Region Mode.

CamiCat

Thank you so much @sivagelli.
Have you bot an example of how to do it?
Can you please kindly attach a picture which shows the way to spy elements?
Thank you so much
Camilla

sivagelli

Unfortunately, due to restrictions at work place, i cannot share screenshots. However, the documentation of BP is easy to follow.

CamiCat

Thank you @sivagelli .
At this point:
The application is either launched using a shortcut for the application on your desktop if using a Blue Prism virtual training environment, or by launching the .exe if installed locally
In my case I need to launch the application situated on the remote desktop.How can I do it?
Thank you so much,
Camilla

Attachments

• sic launch.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 78

sivagelli

You have to use bitmap mappings for identifying elements and Global Send Key Events for interacting with the elements.

VJR

Thank you so much @sivagelli.
Have you bot an example of how to do it?
Can you please kindly attach a picture which shows the way to spy elements?
Thank you so much
Camilla
A link on this forum about Surface Automation is this. You can also search on the web for some videos on Surface Automation to get a visual representation.

CamiCat

Thannk you so much @VJR.
But how to do if i have to model an application on a Virtual Machine, which is launched with the .exe file situated in the virtual machine, not where Bp is installed?
Thank you,
Camilla

VJR

Thannk you so much @VJR.
But how to do if i have to model an application on a Virtual Machine, which is launched with the .exe file situated in the virtual machine, not where Bp is installed?
Thank you,
Camilla
Have you tried with the same instructions as in the above link? If you are concerned about Citrix opening in full screen mode and hence are unable to spy the elements into the Application Modeller, then research on some articles to open Citrix in Windowed mode. One of them is this, but you can look for more if this doesn't do the needful. The window mode is nothing but similar to any other application running on your local machine.

Once the window mode is opened you need to spy different areas of the window along with the sections and controls that you need data to read from or write into. Meaning - you are simply working with a series of rectangles in Region Mode.
While capturing these, your Application Modeller will have all the elements and Regions you need.

If you are looking for something to understand more on how to work with Region mode then there are some links as below, although they are not for a virtual machine but will give an idea of capturing areas using Region Mode.
Link 1, Link 2.

VJR

Thank you so much @VJR.
I'm looking at all the documentation you sent to me.
Thank you for your precious help,
Camilla
You're welcome. Surface Automation is not that straight forward as the other spying modes, so yes it would require some research and analysis before implementing something using Region Mode.